What to Eat to Lose Weight Naturally
Weight loss programs work best when you combine exercise and a good diet. Following a good diet does not mean stocking your pantry with fat free foods that are ‘fat-free’ but rather healthy foods that are wholesome. Incorporating plenty of fiber, healthy carbohydrates and protein will definitely help you to lose a few pounds. Read on to know about how you can use these foods in your everyday diet:
- Those with a sweet tooth can try Banana Bites dipped in Chocolate, all you have to do is to cut a banana into small chunk of one inch each and dip them in melted chocolate and enjoy a warm treat of you could pop them in the refrigerator for a healthy dessert during summer.
- You can make a healthy breakfast by mixing banana, honey and grapefruit-you have to mix two cups of refrigerated grapefruit with a cup of chopped banana. You can sweeten it with chopped mint and honey. This recipe will refresh you for the day ahead and aids in digestion.
- Quinoa is another fad that looks like it is here to stay- this super food can be tossed with 1/3 cup of black beans, a scallion, a tomato and a teaspoon of olive oil and lemon juice. Season this with a little salt and paper and you will have a meal that will energize you. This makes for a delicious breakfast or light snack and helps you to maintain your waistline.
- Eggs aren’t just meant for breakfast, you can make this egg sandwich for lunch- combine two boiled eggs, two tablespoons of yoghurt and bell pepper, ¼ teaspoon of curry powder ½ cup fresh spinach. Mix well and season it with salt and pepper, put this mixture on one or two slices of rye bread and enjoy. You can swerve this with an orange.
- The Avocado cups are a great snack that you can eat with the curried egg sandwich, enjoy alone or serve it to guests- mix together one tablespoon of fresh cilantro, lemon juice and sour cream, to this mix ¼ teaspoon of cumin. Finally stir in a whole mashed avocado. Spoon this mixture into endive leaves.
- Salmon is another food that helps to lose weight- this pan grilled salmon with pineapple is simple. All you have to do is combine a cup of chopped pineapple, two tablespoons of red onion and cilantro and a tablespoon of rice vinegar. Cook four salmon fillets on medium flame for four minutes and sprinkle them with 1/8 teaspoon of powdered red pepper. When thoroughly cooked, pour the pineapple salsa on top.
- The rice and egg salad is a meal in itself; combine half a cup of cooked rice with a cup of cooked and chopped green beans, a plum, and two tablespoons of chopped walnuts. Mix and add a tablespoon of lime juice, a boiled egg and with a teaspoon of sesame oil. Stir this and season with salt and pepper, this taste even better when refrigerated.