Healthy Foods for Toddlers to Gain Weight
Are you really very worried that your baby is not gaining weight? And you think that he is underweight? Then stop worrying and consult a doctor or search online and get some awesome recipes. You will find some excellent and easy to make dishes which are delicious and healthy. Weight of a child also depends on the genes of parents. Things like whole cream milk, nuts, olive oil, eggs, peanut butter, ghee, potato and such like can increase the weight of your toddler.
1. Banana can be given to the baby after 6 months. Due to high amount of potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin B6 and vitamin C, it is considered as the best nutritive food which helps toddlers to gain weight. They can consume plain mashed ripe banana or have it with milk or porridge.
2. Butter is delicious and yummy to every child. An infant when he starts eating on his own, bread with butter spread becomes very popular. Butter can also be added when you make dal khichdi for your kid. It will provide nutritional content but never allow your kids to intake more than a spoon of butter every day.
3. Potato can be an ideal option for weight gain by making delicious dishes. After 6 months of age, it can be given without any hesitation. You can mix potato in the preparation of khichdi, soup, pancake and purees. Low saturated fat works actively along with adequate amount of dietary fiber, vitamin C, potassium, iron and protein.
4. Milk has no substitute and it is a marvelous source to gain weight. From birth, an infant starts to drink milk. Besides calcium, milk contains adequate amount of protein and vitamin D. The fat content helps to increase the weight on regular consumption.
5. Every baby loves to eat eggs once it tastes it. This protein-rich food is very useful to increase the weight of your infant. Pediatricians always suggest starting on egg yolk after reaching 8 months and whole eggs after the first year. From boiled version to scrambled process, from omelet to poached egg, all are very popular with the children.