Top Foods to Boost Your Brain’s Health
Each and every second of your life, your brain is working. For that, it should be provided with some healthy food so that your memory stays sharp. To avoid some serious brain diseases like Alzheimer and dementia, you should ingest rich and nutritious food. Blueberries are beneficial where these two diseases are concerned and improve your memory to a certain extent. With the passage of time, your memory does loosen a bit. Let’s have a look at some healthy foods for the brain.
1. Tomatoes are a great source of lycopene. It is an excellent antioxidant effective for curing brain-related diseases like dementia and Alzheimer’s. If any patient is affected by these two major dreadful diseases, some free radicals damage the cells. But we are blessed that lycopene present in tomato can fight against the free radicals and protect the brain against attacks of such disorders.
2. Brahmi along with other green leafy vegetables is quite good for the brain. Due to adequate amount of folate and vitamin C, these are considered as the best memory-boosting foods. By reducing the amount of homocysteine in the blood, folate protects the brain from neurological disorders.
3. Lentils are full of vitamin B which is the main source of folate. Folate or folic acid plays an important role in boosting the brain power. The main function of folate is to reduce the level of amino acid which is medically termed as homocysteine. High amount of homocysteine may cause nerve cell death in the brain.
4. It is a fact that glucose fuels the brain and it comes from carbohydrates. It is needless to say that oats are a superb source of carbohydrates and the carbs in oats are broken down slowly compared with whole grain. Automatically the brain remains sharp and attentive for a long time if oats are consumed.
5. The neurotransmitter Acetylcholine is atrailblazer, memorizing everything in human body. Choline plays a crucial role in helping this neurotransmitter to keep your cognitive performance intact. Egg is a superb source of Choline which boosts brain power.