Top 10 DIY Recipes to Make Foot Soaks and Foot Scrubs at Home
Feet are the only part of the body that faces regular wear and tear due to all the footwear, walking, heels and constant exposure to dirt. Thus, it is utmost important for both men and women to regularly scrub and soak their feet for relief as well as healing the damage. Listed here are our top 10 foot scrubs and soaks that can help you relieve your feet and relax a day off:
1. Mix 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, baking soda and olive oil in a bowl and scrub your feet with it. Cleanse it off with water and see an instant difference in your feet.
2. Take 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of honey and olive oil each. Mix the ingredients in a bowl until it forms a paste. Soak your feet in warm water in a tub and after 10 minutes, scrub your feet using this paste. It will nourish your feet and eliminate dead skin cells from the feet.
3. Mash one banana using a fork and apply the pulp to your feet. Let it stay for about 15 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water. Banana acts as a great moisturizer and leaves the feet with softer and smoother skin.
4. Take 2 cups of Epsom salt, ½ cup of baking soda and zest of one lime. Add 23-4 drops of lime and peppermint essential oil. You can store it in a jar for later use. When needed, add this mixture to warm water and let your feet enjoy a relaxing and nourishing experience.
5. Mix 1 cup honey, 2 cups Epsom salt, 2 tablespoon almond oil, 6 drops of eucalyptus oil 4 drops of camphor oil with 8 cups of hot water, in a blender. Soak your feet in this foot soak for 20 minutes before toweling it dry.
6. Mix one cup sugar with ½ a cup of coconut oil and add a few drops of your favourite essential oil for fragrance. Store it in a container for later use. Coconut oil softens the skin and moisturizes your feet.
7. Add ½ cup of honey, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and one sliced lemon to hot water and soak your feet in it for about 30 minutes. You will be surprised at how quickly it relieves the pain and make the feet feel better already.
8. Take 1 cup Epsom salt with ¼ cup of olive oil and add 8 drops of lavender essential oil along with 2 tablespoons of dried lavender buds. Mix it well and store it. Scrub your feet with this to remove the dead skin and cells and to attain a smoother, fresher skin.
9. Take half a jar of sea salt and soak it completely in oil. Add 6 drops each of tea tree oil essential oil and peppermint essential oil. Use it regularly to have smoother, softer and nourished feet.
10. Melt less than half a cup of sugar in ½ cup of coconut milk. Use this to scrub your feet all over, focusing on the heels. It will quickly soften the feet and removes dry skin too.