1500 Calorie Per Day Meal Plan to Lose Weight
When you want to lose weight, make a calorie deficit either by eating less or increasing physical activity is essential. Some people prefer to follow a 1,500-calorie diet plan for weight loss and control their food intake. You must know that what foods to include or what to avoid for healthy, long-term weight loss. The number of calories needed by a person depends upon many factors, like physical activity, gender, age, weight loss goals and overall health. You should determine how many calories your body requires to both maintain and lose weight. For this you should calculate total calories you burn in a day.
Foods to include in your 1500-calorie diet:
Your diet must be both rich in fiber and protein as it is more fulfilling. It prevents overeating and aids weight loss.
- Non-starchy vegetables like kale, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc.
- Starchy vegetables like potatoes, peas, sweet potatoes, etc.
- Fish and shellfish
- Whole eggs
- Poultry and meat
- Plant-based protein sources like tofu, tempeh
- Whole grains
- Healthy fats
- Dairy products
- Seeds and nut butters
- Non-calorie beverages like water, green tea, etc.
Foods to avoid:
You should remove processed and added sugar foods from your diet for healthy weight loss.
- Fast food
- Refined carbs like White bread, pasta, bagels, etc.
- Added sugars like snack bars, candy, baked goods, etc.
- Processed foods
- Fried foods
- Sweetened beverages
A Day Meal Plan:
Below is the nutritious, 1500-calorie day meal plan. These meals are around 500 calories each.
Breakfast (Any 1)
- Egg and Avocado Toast
- Healthy Yogurt Bowl
- Peanut Butter and Banana Toast with Eggs
Lunch (Any 1)
- Salad with Grilled Chicken
- Mozzarella Wrap
- Veggie and Hummus Wrap
- Kale Salad with Grilled Chicken
- Tuna Salad
Dinner (Any 1)
- Cod with Quinoa and Broccoli
- Salmon with Veggies
- Black Bean Burger
- Shrimp Fajitas
- Chicken with Veggies
- Pasta with Pesto and Beans