Natural Ayurvedic Tips for Younger Looking Skin
Almost every person wants to look young and radiant for as long as possible. However, people retain this youthful skin when they are young and glowing only in the early 20’s and end early 30’s. As time passes by, your skin undergoes a lot of wear and tear. It is the only part of your body which is literally exposed all the time. From pollution and dust to the harmful radiation and sunrays, your skin bears it all. However, as you grow older, age shows its form in your skin. Your previously glowing face now looks dull and the skin over your arms and legs would become loose and wrinkly. Many cosmetic brands are coming up with products that guarantee to slow down the aging process, thereby making your skin look younger, brighter and fresher. However, instead of choosing chemical-laden creams, why not stick to traditional Indian remedies from the extensive knowledge of Ayurveda to get a younger looking skin? Here are some Ayurvedic beauty secrets that you can make use of to get your desired young look:
1. Keep yourself hydrated. As we all know, our bodies are made of 70% water. As we age, water retention increases in the body and this flushes the skin of its natural color and tautness. Thus, drink plenty of water daily to keep your skin glowing for longer. Water helps a great deal in restoring the necessary nutrients which help to keep the body and the skin young, fit and clean.
2. Skins are of three types – vata, pitta and kapha skin. Each type has its own physiognomies and need to be treated accordingly. So understand your skin type first before jumping to using products that might not suit you. Helping your skin grow after attaining the knowledge of the skin type can help in improving its texture in a completely natural way.
3. Turmeric is an important ingredient used in food as well as beauty products. It cleanses the body from the inside which gives the skin a healthy glow.
4. Tulsi, a herbal plant, is also an antiseptic. Besides that, it rejuvenates the skin and gives it a natural shine. There are large number of benefits which Tulsi provides to the skin and health. Apart from just making you look young, Tulsi herb also makes a healthy you internally as well as externally.
5. For younger looking skin, almond oil is utmost helpful. Almond oil is full of vitamin C which makes it a must for those of you who have been wanting to look youthful and chirpy forever. Applying almond oil on regular basis can help to give you a newly refreshed and rejuvenated healthy skin.
6. Chandan, or sandalwood, has been long since used in history to attain fairer skin and maintain the skin’s glow.
7. Aloe vera is a very popular herb in Ayurveda and is used in many skin related treatments. Using Aloe vera gel can moisturize the skin, relieve chapped lips and even rid the skin of minor infections and itchiness. It leaves the skin soft and supple, making it look younger for a longer time.
Ayurveda has its roots in science and it has an explanation for why certain ingredients influence the body in certain ways. Thus, it is a reliable source of treatment and offers innumerable remedies for all fitness and beauty issues, whether it be skin issues or medical issues.