Does Intermittent Fasting Make You Lose Weight
Want to know the answer of this question then go through this article thoroughly. But before that you must know that what is intermittent fasting? In recent years, intermittent fasting has very trendy. Basically, it is pattern of eating and there are various methods of doing Intermittent fasting like 16/8 method, 5:2 diet, eat-stop-eat, alternate-day fasting, warrior diet and spontaneous meal skipping.
Intermittent Fasting for Weight Loss
There are various ways of reducing weight and in recent time, one of best way of losing weight is intermittent fasting. 3 popular intermittent fasting methods are:
- 16/8 Method: Every day, skip breakfast and eat during 8 hours such as 12 noon to 8 pm
- Eat-Stop-Eat: Each week, do one or two 24-hour fasts
- 5:2 Diet: On 2 days of week, only eat 500-600 calories but eat normally other 5 days
Intermittent Fasting Benefits
Main reason that intermittent fasting works in losing weight is that it helps you eat fewer calories.
In below section, we provide benefits of intermittent fasting:
- Lowers insulin levels
- Kickstarts ketosis
- Reduces inflammation
- Boosts metabolism
- Improves cholesterol
How Intermittent Fasting Helps:
- Reduce calories and lose weight
- Hold on to muscle when dieting
- Healthy eating simpler
Mainly people start intermittent fasting to simplify their life, lose weight and improve overall health and well being. For people who want to start fasting, follow the below given tips which helps to make you successful.
- Identify personal goals
- Pick the correct method out of 16/8 method, 5:2 diet, eat-stop-eat, alternate-day fasting, warrior diet and spontaneous meal skipping.
- Figure out caloric requirements
- Figure out a meal plan
- Make the calories count
How Intermittent Fasting Is Effective:
- Increases human growth hormone
- Lowers blood sugar
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves heart health
- Improves brain health
Side Effects of Intermittent Fasting:
People having any medical condition, must consult doctor before start fasting. For healthy people, this fasting has very few side effects, when you start fasting body feel slightly physically and mentally slow as their body adjusts. But after adjustment, it starts working normally.