List of Foods to Eat for Your Blood Type
According to Naturopath physician Dr. Peter D’Adamo theory, people with different blood types should eat certain type of foods while avoiding others
The theory behind this diet is that blood type is related to your ability to digest certain types of foods. It calls for eating certain foods and avoiding others based on the four blood types i.e. A, B, AB, or O. So, if a person eats according to their blood type then they will remain healthy, live longer, and attain their ideal weight. It means the food you take react chemically with your blood type. So, it is recommended to follow a diet designed for your blood type, as it will help your body to digest food more efficiently. This will help to boost your immune system, lose weight, have energy and prevent diseases such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, and liver disorders.
D’Adamo claims that blood types signify the genetic traits of our ancestors, so the diet plans must be based on what foods those ancestors thrived on. A person may have to face health issues if their diet is not compatible with your blood type. Hence, you should follow a diet developed according to your blood type.
Here are a few recommendations for each blood type:
Type O blood:
1. Person should follow high-protein diet including lean meat, vegetables, fish, poultry and fruit.
2. They should take less grains, beans, and legumes.
3. Seafood, kelp, red meat, broccoli, spinach, and olive oil are best food to lose weight.
4. Wheat, corn, and dairy are to be avoided if wants to lose weight.
5. They should also take various supplements that help to ease their tummy issues.
Type A blood:
1. Person should eat meat-free diet fruit, vegetables, tofu, beans, legumes and whole grains.
2. They should completely avoid meat.
3. Seafood, vegetables, pineapple, olive oil, and soy are best food to be taken to lose weight.
4. Dairy, wheat, corn, and kidney beans must be avoided for weight loss.
5. They have sensitive immune system, so they should eat organic and fresh food.
Type B blood:
1. Person should take a diverse diet including meat, fruit, low-fat dairy, seafood, and grains.
2. Green vegetables, eggs, liver, and licorice tea are best food to be taken to lose weight.
3. Chicken, corn, peanuts, lentils, tomatoes and wheat are to be avoided if wants to lose weight.
Type AB blood:
1. Person should eat combined diet of both blood A & B type including dairy, tofu, lamb, fish, grains, fruit, and green vegetables.
2. Tofu, seafood, green vegetables, and kelp are best food to be taken to lose weight.
3. Chicken, corn, buckwheat, and kidney beans must be avoided for weight loss.
4. They tend to have low stomach acid so they must avoid caffeine, alcohol, and smoked or cured meats such as salami or bacon.