Top 10 Ayurvedic Tips to Enhance your Natural Beauty
Traditional Indians believed that beauty is a blessing from God and it should be taken care of meticulously. Ayurveda is an ancient Indian science that includes theories, remedies and solutions for all ailments including beauty and skin care. Although there are an infinite number of beauty products available in the market today, they contain artificial chemicals and ingredients that may not suit every skin type and may be harmful in the long run. Thus, it is better to be old school in matters of skincare and beauty. Listed here are some tips and methods to enhance your natural beauty through Ayurveda:
1. Follow a healthy diet. This is the most important thing of maintaining your beauty. Junk, oily and greasy food makes the skin oily, leading to acne and pimples. It also dulls the skin. Healthy diet fills the body with the right kind of oils and fats which bring about a healthy glow and look to the skin in a very natural way.
2. Have a regular sleep schedule. Sleeping rejuvenates the body and enhances the production of melanin in the body, which is responsible for your skin tone. Thus, a regular schedule of sound sleep is very necessary. Sleep helps to eliminate various skin defying issues like black heads, wrinkles and other skin problems.
3. Perform ayurvedic oil massage every morning. Oil is essential for keeping the skin moisturized always. Massage your scalp and your whole body with a generous amount of ayurvedic oil. This purifies the body, nourishes the skin and releases stressed and tensed muscles and increases blood circulation. This, in turn, leads to enhancement in the beauty of a person.
4. Practice yoga. Yoga is an all-round exercise routine that relaxes the mind, calms the body, increases blood circulation and detoxifies the body. This leads to better functioning and thus, maintenance of beautiful skin over all. Doing yoga on a regular basis helps to make the skin more glowing and purified in a completely natural way.
5. Drink a cup of ginger-lemon tea every morning. It acts as a detoxifying agent and thus, it is very effective in keeping the body at an optimal level of functioning. However, ginger is too warm and lemon can be too citric for some body types. Thus, it is advisable to make the tea in proportions as prescribed by Ayurveda.
6. Consuming turmeric can also aid in beautifying the skin. You can mix turmeric in milk every morning. This therapy will not only make you look beautiful on the outside but also make your immune system pretty strong and resistant.
7. Apply a layer of orange juice, freshly made, to your skin regularly. Orange contains high amounts of Vitamin C which helps in skin toning and lightening. You will notice the changes in the skin in just few uses. Use this therapy regularly for a flawless and a gorgeous skin.
8. Aloe vera, as an application or even for consumption has shown wonderful results in improving the skin. Aloe vera is a beauty element which has been a favourite of many since ages. Aloe vera clears the skin of all the elements which disturb the smoothness or the beauty of it.
9. Honey is that naturally available element that retains moisture in the skin. Using it in face packs can render smooth and soft skin. Being one of the most trusted and reliable therapy, honey is one of the best for all kinds of skin problems.
10. Exfoliate your skin using a sugar scrub. Mix half cup of sugar with one-quarter cup of coconut oil or olive oil. Scrub your skin with this mixture before bath.