Natural Ayurvedic Home Remedies to Lighten Dark Lips
Pink or rosy lips are very attractive. But many people have dark lips even without the smoking habit. It can be inherited genetically or it may be due to dark complexion that lips become dark. But, exposure to sun, ultraviolet rays, caffeine intake, hormonal imbalance and allergies may also be responsible for dark lips. However, there are some natural solutions that are described below to get an amazing result.
1. Turmeric has traditionally been known to eradicate the problem of dark lips. Mix a pinch of turmeric powder with one tablespoon of milk cream. Mix well and apply to the lips early in the morning. Gradually you will get pinkish lips naturally.
2. Pigmentation is another factor responsible for dark lips. Juice of beetroot is quite ideal to reduce pigmentation on the lips. Lightly rub the lips with some juice for about 10 minutes and then wash off. It can also be applied at night before going to sleep. The juice can also be put in an ice cube tray to make juicy ice cubes and massage the lips with these ice cubes.
3. Dark lips caused by exposure to sun can be treated with the rose flower. Take some clean rose petals and crush them. Mix the crushed petals with honey and make a soft paste. Now apply the paste to the lips. Doing this on a regular basis for about 5 minutes will surely get you rosy lips.
4. Sometimes lips become dark due to age factor. Honey plays an important role in solving the dark lips problem in such a case. You have to apply honey overnight on a regular basis. The humectant property of honey helps to keep the lips moist and gradually you will get an amazing result.
5. Application of olive oil is very effective to clean patchy or dark lips. Being a light oil, it can penetrate the skin and make the lips baby soft and get rid of the dark colour.
6. Make a sugar lip-scrub using one teaspoon of coconut oil, one teaspoon of lemon juice and two teaspoons of sugar. Mix well and rub your lips using it. Do this every day for a few days.