Ottamooli or Single Medicine Therapy to Treat Cough and Cold
Common diseases like cough and cold can be cured using herbal single medicines effectively. Here we present some such popular herbal medicines used to control cough and cold.
1. Take a large piece of ginger, clean it and crush it well. Extract the juice and mix with equal amount of honey. Consume one teaspoon of the mixture four times daily to get relief from cough.
2. Take a few dry fruits of long pepper (thippali) and powder it well. Mix this long pepper powder with equal quantity of rock salt and dissolve in water. Consume occasionally to get relief from cough.
3. Take a few dry fruits of black pepper and powder it well. Mix this powder with equal quantity of honey. Consume it at regular intervals at least four times daily to get relief from cough.
4. Take half teaspoon of mustard seeds and powder well. Mix with one teaspoon of honey and consume it to get relief from cough. Repeat for a few days.
1. Take equal quantities of holy basil leaves and shallots (small onion). Crush well and extract the juice. Mix with equal quantity of honey. Consume one teaspoon each at four hour intervals to get good relief from cold.
2. Take two teaspoon each of black pepper powder and dry ginger powder. Boil in two cups of water for a few minutes. Add raw jaggery if required. Consume 1 tablespoon at four hour intervals to get relief from cold.
3. Take a cup of hot milk and add half teaspoon each of turmeric powder and black pepper powder. Mix well and consume once a day to get relief from cold.
4. Take a tablespoon of barley powder and mix with a glass of water. Add a tablespoon of honey and drink once a day in the morning or evening for relief from cold.