Natural Ayurvedic Weight Management Tips
Weight is a common health issue faced by people who are over or under weight. After trying everything in your power, there are still no substantial results in your weight loss or weight gain. In today’s world maximum people are overweight and are constantly fighting a battle to shed off the excessive and the unwanted weight. People are usually inclined towards expensive remedies like gym, zumba and some other surgeries and treatments which fall out to be expensive on the regular budget. Sadly, people do not realise how well nature and a little exercise can help. Just when you are about to give up, maybe you should go back to the ancient knowledge. Ayurveda is an ancient branch of medicine which has shown miraculous results in the past and continues to do so. It makes use of natural elements, ingredients and herbs to treat illness of all sorts. Ayurveda is also popular for losing weight as well as gaining weight. Here are some common tips for those who want to lose weight as well as those who want to gain weight:
1. Maintain a fixed schedule. If your schedules are haywire, your body clock gets disturbed and confused as to when it is supposed to function and how.
2. Stay hydrated. Whether it is weight loss or weight gain, our body needs plenty of water. Since we are 70% made of water, our body needs to be refilled with water so as to allow it to function optimally.
3. Get enough sleep. A well-rested body will burn calories faster and process food more effectively, thereby resulting in desired weight fluctuation Even though it may sound unbelievable sleep is indeed a magical cure for many other health issues as well.
4. Keeping your mind healthy is as important to weight issues as is keeping the body healthy. Practicing Pranayama for a minimum of 15 minutes a day can help in rejuvenating the mind and thus enhancing the body’s functions.
5. Eat three filling meals daily. There is a reason why our ancestors had a heavy breakfast, moderate lunch and light dinner. However, all these three meals were filling and healthy.
6. For weight gain, focus on foods that are rich in nutrients and help in building. Opt for warm, oily, nourishing, and stabilizing foods instead of dry, doughy, and light foods.
7. Consume naturally sweet and sour foods instead of processed foods. Include vegetables, fruits, seeds, nuts, grains and yogurt in your diet. This will help with weight gain.
8. Avoid extra intake of salt, include fruits and green leafy vegetables in your diet to facilitate weight loss.
9. Meat and dairy products should be largely avoided by those trying to lose weight.
10. Exercise is utmost important for both weight gain and weight loss. Without exercising, the muscles don’t build and thus, there is no change in the body’s weight.
Both kinds of weight issues will show better results after a detoxifying diet. This will cleanse the body of harmful acids and allow the positive useful ones to carry out the processes efficiently.