Post Pregnancy Weight Loss Tips
The entire period of nine months during pregnancy is when most women gain weight. In order to nourish the foetus, they have to consume all kinds of foods, not to forget the infinite amount of cravings and hunger pangs due to hormonal fluctuation. Although it is the most beautiful and exhilarating process in the world, women often crib and complain about their increased weight. It takes a long time before one can lose weight after pregnancy. Pregnancy causes several issues to the woman in many different ways. Ayurveda can help to eliminate all the problems an individual in a completely natural manner. Ayurveda has gained quite a momentum since a very long time. Results from ayurveda are very instant and are free from side effects. Incase, ayurveda does not work it will not harm. Listed here are a few completely natural and helpful tips from ayurveda to lose weight after pregnancy:
1. Set a goal which is realistic. With a baby depending on you for food, you cannot starve yourself and follow crash diets to shed a couple of kilos. Set a weight loss target to something you are able to achieve.
2. Get sufficient sleep. After pregnancy, the body is exhausted and needs all the sleep it can get. So be well-rested.
3. Breast feeding the baby can help lose the pregnancy fat and tone the muscles. Breast feeding not only helps to reduce the fat but also helps in keeping the child healthy and fit.
4. Yoga has been recognized as an effective form of exercise throughout the world. Performing yoga after pregnancy can calm the hormones down as well as help in weight reduction. The process is eventual, but effective.
5. Rigorous exercise is unhealthy and even dangerous immediately after pregnancy. So avoid the gym, walking or jogging.
6. Plan an ayurvedic diet of yourself, preferably with the help of an expert. This diet will include all the required nourishment for your body, but in a way that will help you lose weight. Even when you continue feeding the child, your diet will not hinder the baby’s growth if you follow an ayurvedic diet.
7. Our bodies are made of 70% water. However, bodies become dehydrated very quickly. So drink a lot of water throughout the day and stay hydrated. Water helps to eliminate the toxins from the body and makes you feel refreshed.
8. Strictly avoid aerated drinks like soda and cola. Opt for herbal green tea instead which includes ginger, tea leaves, tulsi leaves and other ingredients.
9. Meditation, moreover Pranayama, is extremely helpful in calming the jittery nerves experienced post-pregnancy. It also calms the mind which helps in losing weight faster.
10. Including lots of vegetables and fresh fruits in your diet. You can also consume fresh juices and vegetable soups if you would like a change in your diet.
Although ayurveda has no known or harmful side effects, it is always advisable to consult an expert before taking on anything that might harm your body or hinder your ability to nourish your new-born.