Top 10 Natural Ayurvedic Ways to Stop Hair Fall
Hair is the crowning glory of any individual. Sadly, hair is also the first element of the body which gets affected due to multiple reasons. There are many detrimental factors which cause the hair to get weak and fall off very often. Changing season also causes a change in our body and hair growth is one such thing. With even a slight change in the environment, our hair starts to fall out, or they tend to become dry or oily. Adding to this problem is pollution. The dust, smoke and dirt caused by pollution weaken the hair follicles and reduce the volume of the hair. Most women and men are most concerned about the problem of hair-fall today. Although there are many shampoos and hair products available in the market which claims to solve this problem, nothing works better than old natural remedies. Listed here are a few ayurvedic tips to stop and reduce hair-fall:
1. To increase hair growth, have fresh juices of spinach, carrot, lettuce and alfalfa. Consuming these juices on a regular basis helps to make the hair strong and beautiful. Not just hair, these juices bring about multiple other benefits for the body.
2. Sesame seeds are a rich source of magnesium and calcium, both of which are effective in preventing hair-fall. Consume one spoonful of sesame (white) seeds each morning for effective results.
3. Fiber also plays an important role in controlling hair-fall. Thus, include a lot of green leafy vegetables and fruits in your diet for best results in curbing hair-fall.
4. Changing seasons tend to cause toxins in the body. These toxins also cause hair-fall. It is very necessary to eliminate the toxic elements of the body to enhance hair growth. Drinking plenty of water aids in this purpose.
5. To boost hair growth, apple cider vinegar is very effective. Have one teaspoon apple cider vinegar every night before bed to help hair growth. Apple cider vinegar is a tried and a tested formula which successfully works for every hair type.
6. Ritha (reetha/soap nut) is an ingredient which women in olden times used when shampoos were not around. It makes the hair luscious and voluminous. Ritha has to be soaked overnight and only then rubbed on the hair. Doing this once in a week is more than sufficient because the results can be seen immediately.
7. Amla (gooseberry) is another ingredient widely popular in hair treatments. It is used in hair products even today. It is a rich carrier of Vitamin C and acts as a natural conditioner for the hair. Vitamin C is very essential for the hair and this ayurvedic remedy provides the hair with ample of vitamin C.
8. Sprouts, buttermilk, milk, yeast, soy and whole grains are rich in zinc, Vitamin C and B-complex, sulphur and fatty acids which are crucial to hair growth. Including these in your diet can prove to be very effective.
9. Neem (margosa) is one of the most important ingredients of several skin and hair products. It has antibacterial properties and it also reduces itchiness, inflammation and dry scalp issues by increasing blood flow in the scalp. Increased blood circulation causes strengthening of the hair roots and follicles, thereby preventing hair fall. Numerous benefits for the hair and the skin is one of the reasons neem is the best ayurvedic treatment one can pamper their hair with.
10. Methi seeds (fenugreek seeds) are effective to reduce and stop hair fall. Grind fenugreek seeds in water and apply on scalp and hair. Alternatively mix fenugreek seed powder with coconut oil or yogurt and apply on your scalp and hair. Wash after 20 minutes. It will promote hair growth and hence you will get thicker hair.