Top 10 Home Remedies for Whitening Skin Naturally
Fair skin is something that most women want; if you already have fair skin, then keeping it blemish free can be quite burdensome. We often end up buying skin whitening products that are very expensive and end up with no results. Natural remedies have been use for over thousands of years and guarantee results. Here are ten remedies that will help you to get a fairer skin.
1. Coconut oil is a miracle product; can be used to make yummy dishes, it can be used in skin rashes, it’s good for your hair and for your skin as well. Coconut oil can be used to reduce scars, marks on your face and other parts of the body. It’s as simple as applying it daily on the scars which will gradually vanish.
2. Orange peels are known to lighten skin as well. You can get the dried orange powder from a store or make your own by drying orange peels under the sun and store them in an air tight jar. Take a spoonful of this and mix it with yoghurt to form a uniform paste. Apply this paste on for twenty minutes it off using cold water. This paste will remove blemishes from your face and any other part of your body.
3. This simple mask is made using cilantro (coriander leaves) and tomato. Mix around two teaspoons of the juices extracted from each along with lemon juice and Fullers Earth. This paste should be applied on you face for thirty minutes and removed using water.
4. Make sure that you apply a good sunscreen when going out. This will prevent your skin from darkening and eventually being destroyed.
5. Lemon is the best skin lightening agent. Mix one teaspoon of lemon juice with one teaspoon of honey and apply it on your face for twenty minutes or till dry. Then wash off for smoother and lighter skin.
6. Turmeric and gram flour can easily be found in any kitchen; these ingredients are also used to lighten skin. Mix two teaspoons of gram flour with very little turmeric, followed by a teaspoon of yoghurt, or lemon juice. Keep this paste on your face for half an hour and scrub it off once it has dried out completely. Rinse your face with water to remove any remaining traces.
7. A mixture of lemon juice, milk and honey will lighten your skin while moisturizing it at the same time. This pack is especially suited to dry skin. Apply this on your face for thirty minutes thrice a week.
8. Mix oats, yoghurt and tomato into a paste, approximately one teaspoon of each. This paste should be applied directly on to your skin for thirty minutes. The oats will exfoliate, your skin, the tomato acts as an astringent and the yoghurt will lighten your skin.
9. Honey, almonds and milk will remove all traces of tan to give you a lighter skin. Mix a teaspoon of honey, almond powder and milk powder. You can also use normal milk and ground almonds. Mix well and apply for fifteen minutes, wash off with normal water.
10. Cucumber juice will reduce oiliness and lighten your skin. You can add rosewater, lemon juice or honey to the cucumber juice for a glowing complexion.