Foods To Help Lower Blood Sugar At Home
Who says diabetes is a disease? It is the outcome of your lifestyle.
Your unhealthy eating habits, lack of exercise, eating too much of sugar-rich foods, not eating at proper intervals had made your sugar level higher than normal.
You have to restrict your diet with fewer carbohydrates, herbs, drinks or supplements, which will help, lower your sugar thus maintaining a healthy life.
You have to understand there is no food in the universe that can cure your sugar level; the proper diet plan with regular physical activity can make a huge difference.
The foods, which lower your blood sugar, are:
1. Garlic plays a very important role in managing blood sugar levels in your body. It does not contain carbohydrates so include more garlic in your meals. You can also substitute butter in your breakfast by adding a tastier garlic spread.
2. Avocados improve blood sugar level thus lowering the risk factors to increase diabetes. Eating avocados reduce the chances of heart disease and stroke.
3. Sour cherries have chemicals called anthocyanins, which protect against diabetes and obesity. So try to include more cherries instead of bananas, apples, and pears, which has more sugar.
4. Apple cider vinegar is capable of improving insulin levels after meals. Make a habit of drinking apple cider vinegar diluted in water before meals.
5. Leafy greens like spinach, kale, and chard are rich in varied nutrients like vitamin A, magnesium and fiber, thus helping to lower the blood sugar level in your body.
6. Tuna, halibut, and fish with omega -3 fatty acids are rich in protein, which helps to maintain blood sugar levels. It is low in unhealthy fats and is very easy to prepare.
7. Blueberries and blackberries are high in fiber and cannot increase your sugar compared to other juicy fruits.
8. Nuts like almonds reduce sugar levels after meals. You can roast almonds with few spices to make a healthy snack instead of eating raw.
9. Chia seeds are rich in calcium, antioxidants, fiber, healthy fats and omega- 3 that lower the unhealthy cholesterol and triglycerides thus manage the level of blood sugar in your body.
10. Whole grains as if millet has the number of nutrients and fiber that helps to manage your blood sugar.
11. Eggs are protein-rich healthy breakfast, which does not increase your sugar level. Hard-boiled eggs are a better option for you without any fat added in it.
12. Coffee without milk, sugar will lower your sugar level if taken 1 cup every day.
Other good sources of food are Broccoli, lentils, non-fat yogurt; wheatgrass that helps lower your blood sugar.
It is very important for you to keep your sugar under control by eating healthy foods that are rich in fiber and proteins but has zero carbohydrates, as I have mentioned in the article.
Also, regular physical activities will manage your sugar keeping you free from all the heart diseases.
Eat healthily, Stay healthy